In the Know

In this world, there are people who are in the know, and there are people who are not in the know, and therein lies the undeniable difference between them. For my own part, I have no compunction whatsoever in happily declaring that I am entitled to describe myself, with all due humility but also with a forthright degree of unashamed honesty, as being, most assuredly, and to the fullest extent, without the slightest hint of question or doubt, a person who is in the know.

From the beginning, when I first began to know what I know, I knew that what was known to me was known only to a knowing few, such as myself. Although I am loath to confirm how little I actually knew before what I know became fully known to me, I am knowingly grateful to be included among those who know themselves to be thoroughly in the know regarding what is commonly known, within the general realm of current knowledge. After all, I know what I know.

I am well aware (or, perhaps it would be closer to the particular meaning that I seek to convey if I were to say, "I know") that a person who knows as much as I know is, in the usual course of things, quite likely to be viewed (especially by those to whom even a small amount of knowledge is unknown) as a know-it-all, but that is fine with me. As I said, and as I will continue to say, as many times as might be necessary: I know what I know, if you know what I mean.