Another Planet in Another Galaxy

A few weeks ago, I had what might be termed, without fear of error, an "unusual" experience. I suddenly found that I had been bodily transported (instantly and without so much as a single word of permission on my part), across the formidable expanse of deep space, to another planet in another galaxy.  (For what reason or by what means, I did not know.) I soon discovered that every being on the planet was a middle-aged man with the name of Aloysius P. Dinwiddy.

Now, as it happens, I am a middle-aged man myself, going by the name of Aloysius P. Dinwiddy, so you can imagine my extreme surprise at beholding so many kindred beings. They were exceedingly pleasant to me during my visit, and intensely curious regarding the planet from which I had come, but they did have their own particular ways and particular fancies, which I figured was certainly their right. As I said, it was another planet in another galaxy.

It was, all in all, a thoroughly overwhelming adventure, totally unlike any that had ever befallen me during the course of my hitherto straightforward life. To find myself, Aloysius P. Dinwiddy, on another planet, standing among millions of beings who all answered to the same description and the same name as me, gave me the feeling that I was nothing special. (Which, if I am to be completely honest, was something that I had always suspected.)

After I had been on the other planet for no more than several hours (just long enough for me to catch my breath and see a few of the main sights), I suddenly found that I had been bodily transported (as before, instantly and without so much as a single word of permission on my part) back to Earth. The whole thing made my head spin, leaving me in a woozy condition, but I would jump at a chance to go back. For some reason, I felt quite at home there.